Notable new spending, funding cuts and policies tucked into the bill include:
1. $5.4 billion to treat and fight the spread of the Ebola virus in the U.S. and abroad.
2. $64 billion in war funds to combat the rise of the Islamic State and overseas operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
3. $94 billion for new military equipment, including 87 Blackhawk helicopters, 38 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters and two attack submarines.
4. A 1% military pay raise.
5. Blocks a pay raise for the vice president and other executive branch employees.
6. $4.5 million for the Agriculture Department to fight plant diseases, particularly a disease that’s threatening the U.S. citrus industry, as well as $2 million to address a virus hurting the U.S. pork industry.
7. $93 million more for the FBI; $21 million more for the Drug Enforcement Agency, and includes $367 million to combat prescription drug abuse.
8. $46 million in new funds to boost U.S. embassy security around the world.
***If you are a news addict, be sure to bookmark The Most Important News and visit on a daily basis for the very best breaking news, articles and videos from all over the Internet!***