(CBS News) Michael’s mother, Kelli Dumas, documented the gruesome condition on Facebook as her son’s feet swelled up from the infection and required dermatologists to try to freeze the worms with liquid nitrogen. “He could actually feel the worms moving in his body,” Dumas said, via WJAX.
**WARNING- PHOTOS CONTAIN GRAPHIC CONTENT**
According to the CDC, hookworm larva penetrate the skin of humans, and infections are usually transmitted by walking barefoot on contaminated soil. The teen has reportedly been left home-bound by the infection and needs to soak in bleach water each day.
***If you are a news addict, be sure to bookmark The Most Important News and visit on a daily basis for the very best breaking news, articles and videos from all over the Internet!***