Has the next major economic downturn already started? The way that you would answer that question would probably depend on where you live. If you live in New York City, or the suburbs of Washington D.C., or you work for one of the big tech firms in the San Francisco area, you would probably respond to such a question by saying of course not. In those areas, the economy is doing great and prices for high end homes are still booming. But in most of the rest of the nation, evidence continues to mount that the next recession has already begun for the poor and the middle class. As you will read about below, major retailers had an absolutely dreadful start to 2014 and home sales are declining just as they did back in 2007 before the last financial crisis. Meanwhile, the U.S. economy continues to lose more good jobs and 20 percent of all U.S. families do not have a single member that is employed at this point. 2014 is turning out to be eerily similar to 2007 in so many ways, but most people are not paying attention.
Get The Latest Updates By Email
- darrell on The Federal Reserve Systematically Transfers Wealth From The Taxpayers To The Ultra-Wealthy Elite
- DJohn1 on Federal Judge Envisions ‘Rape License’ for ‘Right to Rape’
- DJohn1 on Only a monetary ‘nuclear bomb’ can save Italy now
- jim_robert on The NFL Has Become A Circus Of Political Correctness
- DJohn1 on Computer Models Tell Us That This Ebola Pandemic Could Soon Kill Millions